Sunday, March 12, 2006

Chapter 3 Eric

Who’s captain of your love boat?
Laying the foundation for a God-written love story

To be prepared to relate to a member of the opposite sex, you must first learn how to relate to the Creator of the opposite sex.

I came to the point in my life where I wanted to go beyond “”accepting” and truly know for myself, experientially, what I believed in.

Whatever it was, it invited a little mouse of cynicism into my head. And this pesky little rodent scurried around and nibbled away at my innocence and childlike faith. I became a doubter that such extravagant love for Jesus could be real, a doubter that Jesus was really Someone who people would be willing to die for.

That little mouse of cynicism is very common in our generation. For the most part, it has nibbled away at the very concept of who God is and who He wants to be in our lives. What I realized is that God is real whether I believe He is or not. And the day I recognized that, my nettlesome little mouse was caught in an industrial-sized rat trap.

Onto the fuzzy thirteen-inch screen came a weary old man with a face full of wrinkles… I remember longing to have what he had. I know I did not want the imprisonment and tortures he had faced but I wanted the sparkling treasure that emanated from inside the man. He had he ability to view what I would have termed a living hell as the sweetest of blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home